TLDR; we are hiring an amazing iOS developer who loves building beautiful and functional products, and who wants to be part of the core team building an exciting product.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and some words about yourself. If your resume and background look like a good match, we will reach out for an initial Zoom screen.
- Unlimited PTO
- M1 Mac, display & accessories
- We are building the audible internet. A tool that unlocks secrets otherwise hidden within walls of text.
- Our target user is someone who wants to be well-read without reading. They value their time, learning, and being informed.
- In broad terms, we believe that every piece of high-quality content on the internet should be available and searchable in audio form. Articles, podcasts, videos, and people — and we're working to make that a reality.
- In the longer term, we are creating a new class of media — social audio, organized around content.
- The Audyo team have previously built products used by millions, at Google, DataCamp, Jigsaw, 2k Games, and more.
- We are backed by some of the best investors in the world, including General Catalyst, Sequoia Scouts, Dream Machine, Techstars, The Fund, and other angels.
- At Audyo, you will have massive impact: you will help define product strategy, and translate big ideas into experiences that delight users. You will create beautiful products that will eventually be used by millions of people around the world.
- We're small, so you'll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You'll quickly have responsibility over big areas of our product.
- We don't have a ton of meetings. If we can effectively solve a problem async, then we do.
- You'll be able to work remotely and set your own schedule. We don't micro-manage, and will help you do great work.
- You will help spearhead the development of our iOS app by implementing designs and ideas from the product team.
- You will develop amazing user experiences by building new features and improving existing ones for the iOS app.
- You will contribute to the product process: thinking through UX, designing beautiful UI.
- You will help estimate, plan and execute on projects, features, and integrations.
- You will support code quality, new technologies, and architectural design within the company.
- You will take initiatives to improve engineering efficiency, quality, and happiness.
- You will collaborate with the product team to ship incredible features and products.
- You will analyze and refine solutions for quality and performance.
- 3+ years experience in iOS development (in Swift)
- Experience with SwiftUI since it came out in 2019
- Good understanding of MVVM architectural principles
- Experience with reactive programming
- Experience working with REST APIs and websockets
- Experience with Combine
- You excel at understanding and solving complex problems. You have fantastic attention to detail.
- You take pride in building elegant and beautiful products
- You understand what good design is, and are able to make sensible default design decisions without much oversight
- You are comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done. You are excited about learning new stuff.
- You're comfortable working without too much direction, are self-motivated and self-sufficient
- You have shipped/contributed to beautiful apps which are on the App Store and/or used by real humans
- You communicate clearly and with precision, both in writing and in person. You break down complex topics in writing and in person.
- Experience working with iOS Audio APIs/streaming audio
- Experience with AVPlayer
- You have a passion for democratizing information through audio, and making the internet a better place
- You are excited about the future of the Creator economy
- Experience working direct from Figma files
- Experience working remotely
- Basic understanding of Node.js, Postgres, REST architecture, and WebSockets
- Experience working with agile sprints, and Linear/Jira
How do I get in touch?
- Email us: email@example.com with your resume and some words about yourself. If your resume and background look like a good match, we will reach out for an initial Zoom screen.
Where is Audyo located?
- Currently the founding team is based in London, but we also work 100% remote, from Dublin, Edinburgh, and New York.
Are you okay with remote work?
- Yes, ideally in the GMT timezone (+/- 3 hours). We hope to hire 50% of remote employees and we have been building a remote culture from Day One.
What's the interview process like?
- We will screen your email, resume, and portfolio.
- If you meet our standards, we will reach out to schedule an intro call (30 mins)
- A formal but practical interview/coding challenge — no trick/puzzle questions (3-4 hours).
- Culture fit call (30 mins)
- Job offer
Do you care if I went to college?
- No; we also don't care what race, sex, color, religion, age, etc. you are — all we care about is that you write fantastic code, and are generally fun to work with.
What are some books you guys like?
- Principles - Ray Dalio
- Stories of Your Life and Others - Ted Chiang
- Skin In The Game - Nassim Taleb
- 12 Rules for Life - Jordan Peterson
- SPQR - Mary Beard
- Zero to One - Peter Thiel
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out at the email above.